Ever been on a bad date? You know, the ones where you're uncomfortable, in a stuffy restaurant and have nothing to say? Yup, us too… which is why we have created the indoor-magazine-picnic-date thingo.
When Time Out takes over the third level of Mag Nation on the evening of May 16, it will be transformed from a humble reading room into a comfy, relaxed picnic den complete with people to meet, magazines to read, picnic blankets and beer (what more could you want?).
Some people say you are what you eat, we believe you are what you read – and thus give you an opportunity to judge potential partners on their reading choices. Is Mr Desktop Magazine the man of your dreams or will it be the dark broody creature reading Oyster that you'll be more compatible with? Hosted by the Time Out crew (hey, if you see someone reading Time Out, snap 'em up – they're a keeper!), you'll be comically and expertly guided through the evening.
Worried you'll have nothing to say? Fear not, friends – every person will get an 'emergency phone-a-friend card' to use at their leisure and there will be prizes to win too, in the very rare case you don't win any hearts.
For $20 you get...
- Any magazine up to the value of $20
- Access to the indoor-picnic-speed-dating experience
- Beer or wine (thoughtfully provided in buckets at each picnic station)
- Chance to win some pretty lush prizes including a night for two in Crown (in case your date goes really well!), Tequila Packs (in case your dates don't go so well) and magazine subscriptions (just because they're awesome)
- Oh and you also get the chance to meet some new and interesting people.
Due to the exclusive nature (we can't fit a whole lot of people in the room) of the event, numbers are tight.
To ask for an application form and secure your spot, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.