Food & Drink Editor, Time Out Melbourne
Food and drink journalists, put down your forks and pay attention. A rare opportunity has come up at Time Out Melbourne– the city’s trusted resource on eating and imbibing.
We’re looking to recruit a full-time Food & Drink Editor to take charge of our admired coverage of restaurants, cafés, bars and pubs in Melbourne.
To do this job you must be a gun food and drink writer with your finger on the pulse of Australia’s dynamic restaurant and bar scenes.
You must be a highly organised media professional ready to marshal a large amount of online content as well as edit a vibrant monthly magazine section. You must be a versatile team player ready to work alongside Time Out’s talented team of entertainment journalists.
You must be a beacon of knowledge about world cuisine with a proven understanding of flavours, textures, ingredients and techniques. You must be a bars and pubs aficionado, equally at home in craft beer bars and ritzy cocktail establishments. Crucially, you understand what you’re eating and drinking and can describe it accurately and vividly for Time Out’s readers in the Time Out tone of voice.
If you have what it takes to be Time Out Melbourne’s Food & Drink Editor then please forward your CV, two restaurant reviews and one bar review to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Monday, January 5, 2015. Salary commensurate with experience. Only complete applications will be processed. Only candidates successful in making it through to the interview stage will be contacted.
Digital Content Manager, Time Out Australia
We're looking for a talented and ambitious Digital Content Manager to oversee and grow Time Out's digital presence in Sydney. This is an opportunity to rapidly progress your career with an expanding cross-media brand. Time Out Sydney is one of over 60 Time Out sites around the world, with presence in locations as diverse as London, New York, Singapore and Moscow.
Our team culture will provide the best opportunity for you to achieve your performance potential.
Your primary focus and responsibilities will be:
- daily management, curation and quality control of all content on the website (timeout.com/sydney)
- curation and management of weekly Time Out Sydney newsletters
- curation and editorship of daily social media output
- succinct analysis of traffic performance, and reporting thereof
- promotion of best digital practices to editorial staff
The successful candidate will:
- have a great understanding of digital publishing, along with an acute sense of Sydney's cultural happenings
- be an excellent content curator
- have a good working knowledge of HTML, CSS, SEO and email campaigns
- be capable of managing and executing social media strategies
- be positive and professional in demeanour, able to work comfortably within a team but also possess the ability to self motivate and work proactively
- have an understanding of commercial digital publishing practices
- be passionate about online publishing to the point of obsession and a willingness to learn and keep up-to-date with latest digital trends
- At least 12 months experience in online content management or creation, or similar role
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency in Australia
We're ready to hire, so if you're up to the role please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
In your cover letter please:
- state why you should be considered for the ro;e
- your earliest potential start date
- describe a flaw in the Time Out Sydney website, and your recommended solution
Closing date for applications is Fri Jan 16. Only short listed applicants will be notified.