Both these obstacle-course ordeals are for charity, but apart from guaranteeing you have a great big heart, which one do you need to be buffest for?
* An obstacle event course that includes cargo nets, a giant slip n slide, and heaps of mud.
* Only the most confident of commandos would want to be seen emerging from an 'ice pit' in wet tracky pants.
* Five to 10 kays.
* Live wires charged with 10,000 volts.
* You’ll need to conserve energy for afterwards, as well. “We know how to throw a party,” the organisers say – and to prove it, over-18s get a free Toohey’s Extra Dry at the Mud Bar.
* The course was designed by the British Special Forces. They gave us BEAR GRYLLS.
* Not only do they have ice water, but flaming straw with which to warm you up again.
* Only 78% of entrants successfully complete each challenge.
* You’re asked to pledge “I do not whine. Kids whine.”
* Underground mud tunnels and three-metre walls.
* 10,000 volts of electricity.
* 18-20km of hills.
THE VERDICT? Tough Mudder lives up to its self-billed rep as “the toughest event on the planet”.