1. Travel solo – double upgrades are rare.
2. Otherwise, book your flight the old-fashioned way – through a travel agent – and tell them it’s your honeymoon. Ask them to note that on the booking.
3. Be a member of the airline’s frequent flyer scheme.
4. Dress well. Look like you belong in First Class. (FC passengers love a Birkenstock with a linen pant – oh yes they do.)
5. Check in as early as possible.
6. Smile, joke: make the person at the desk feel happy and appreciated.
7. Ask – not guiltily, but openly and positively.