First published on 3 Sep 2013. Updated on 3 Sep 2013.
Time Out Promotion
The food and wine extravaganza that is Margaret River Gourmet Escape, presented by Siemens Home Appliances, is back for its second year this November and tickets are on sale now.
Check out the special ticket allocation for Time Out readers. Be fast, these are a hot commodity! (Password: TIMEOUT)
What can you expect this year?
- More than 25 international and local food celebrities including Heston Blumenthal, Rick Stein, Neil Perry, Guillaume Brahimi, Tetsuya Wakuda, George Calombaris and Adriano Zumbo.
- Pop-up gourmet beach barbecues – Sample the region’s best culinary delights with a Beach Barbecue and enjoy matching wines at picturesque Smiths Beach with menus inspired by international and Australian talent.
- Gourmet Village – The heart of the Margaret River Gourmet Escape festival with cooking demonstrations, food and wine tastings, masterclasses, intimate Q&As and panel discussions with the culinary talent.
- Sundown Soiree – Enjoy award winning wines from Fraser Gallop Winery and canapés by Hadleigh Troy of Perth’s Restaurant Amuse whilst soaking up the beautiful scenery and a guest appearance by Heston Blumenthal.
- The Forager – In a forest setting, join Wardandi man Josh Whiteland and chef Jock Zonfrillo as they share their stories and know-how on native flavours and enjoy a menu celebrating native and local ingredients. Participate in a Q&A with visiting chefs as they share experiences on using ingredients foraged around the world.
- The Collaboration Series – Experience the magic that happens when three great chefs collaborate in the kitchen for this Collaboration Dinner at Xanadu Winery. Enjoy a degustation menu created by esteemed chef Mark Best (Marque, Pei Modern), French chef Julien Royer (voted “the one to watch” in the Acqua Panna San Pellegrino awards) and Melissa Kokoti and her team at Xanadu.
- And much more!
Time Out Promotion