Arnie in a Smart Car in the best of YouTube this week
First published on 11 May 2012.
1. This Drummer's at the Wrong Gig A touch old – OK, 2 years – but peeps have been rediscovering this clip everywhere this week and giving it some much-deserved love. It is what it is: a guy, in a gold jacket, doing some very incongruous drumming.
2. Expendables 2 Official Trailer 2 I think most people are in agreement that this best things about this film series are the trailers – where all the stuff that doesn't work in the movie (ie most of it) is excised and all we're left with is some kick-ass explosions, a few steely stares at camera and some of the best cheesy lines you're likely to ever come across. Yes, that is Arnold ripping the door off a Smart Car and declaring, "My shoe is bigger than this car." And yes, he does say, "I'm back" at some point. Promise fulfilled. What is the California state house doing without him?
3. Jon Hamm's advice for teen girls
Because who else would you ask for advice on matters of the teenage heart. "Don't define yourself by who wants to get with you," says the wise man in yet more evidence that Hamm is one of Earth's coolest inhabitants.
4. One year old boy drumming We really like kids playing instruments.
5. Graham Norton plays with Nicki Minaj's Nictionary Anyone who's stumbled across a Nicki Minaj song – probably doing your shopping at Woolies or some such – will know that some of her lyrics are a touch impenetrable. She has her own language – literally: that's why some smart app developer has created the Nictionary, an app that gives you the definition of various Nickinese words... and uses them in a sentence. Slide across to about the nine minute mark for joyful times as Minaj explains her lingo to Graham Norton in an episode from a couple of weeks back. "Tumble dry..."