From lovelorn corgies to evil dolls, here are our picks from YouTube for the week
First published on 21 Jun 2012. Updated on 22 Jun 2012.
1. Corgi Rae Jepsen In the fine Beer O’clock tradition of Carly Rae-lated clips, we present another take on 'Call me Maybe'. Starring Corgi Rae Jepsen, this version is like the Lady and the Tramp meets the Keyboard Cat.
2. Call them definitely: Abercrombie and Fitch, 'Call Me Maybe' Still craving more 'Call Me Maybe'? Thanks heavens we’ve found you another – this time starring tasty, shirtless Abercrombie and Fitch models (or creepy, hairless, depending on your type). This routine all happened, like, totallynaturally when the lads got together. Yessiree. Just like they were born with those abs…
3. Dolls trailer We stumbled across this while putting the next issue together and it is a doozie. Watch this clip (for classic ’87 horror flick Dolls) then plan your sleepover. Along with this one, we recommend renting all the Gremlins movies, plus Sleepaway Camp I-III.
4. Deleted celebrity Siri ads Just when we thought Dolls was scary, here’s Siri on the loose again. In this (parody) installment of the runaway Siri-ad meme, sneaky Siri bamboozles everyone from Kristen Stewart to Vin Diesel (“But Vin Diesel, you cannot act…”)
5. Hey He-Man Anime is pretty confusing, and so were the 4 Non Blondes. Therefore it was inevitable that the two would end up combined in this confusing yet oh-so-compelling video.
6. The turtle and the raspberry If you have a tendency to squeal over unbearably cute things, you may want to warn your colleagues before hitting play on this one. And if you’re easily inspired to adopt obscure pets on a whim, you’ll have to be careful.This is a baby turtle eating a raspberry, and it’s seriously too much.