Britney doing Gangnam Style, Mad Men and the Olsen Twins all get their moment in the sun in our YouTube picks of the week
First published on 14 Sep 2012. Updated on 14 Sep 2012.
1. Britney and Ellen learn Gangnam Style Has Britney recently undergone some Ladette to Lady-style training? If her '60s air-hostess chic and southern manners don’t win you over right away, watch on to see her be genuinely star-struck by Korean sensation Psy. Watch closely as Psy teaches Britney and Ellen some Gangnam Style, and have a cheeky go yourself – it's eaaaasy.
2. Bitchy Spears Perhaps we spoke to soon. Currently sending shockwaves across the Time Out office, via Gawker, here is another side of Britney. In her most jaw-dropping guise for years, she's now a judge on X Factor. And for the first time in a while, she's absolutely killing it. Sample below:
3. Mad Men do Rick Astley There’s so much to admire here – including that the person behind this was able to find at least three grabs of the word ‘desert/dessert’. We didn’t think it was possible, but the dulcet tones of these Mad Men starsreally make ‘Never Gonna Give You Up’ … even sexier.
4. I Am the Cute One In 1992, Mary-Kate and Ashley gave the identical twin girls of the world their mantra – “I am the cute one… she’s just my sister” – and dropped this absolute treasure of a film clip, bursting with great hats. According to Wiki, the song was written by early '80s British new-wave band, ‘Naked Eyes’. A bona fide cure for the blues.
5. Topless Female Trampolining World Championships Whoa… yep. It’s the IT Crowd guy. In a video campaign to raise awareness for male breast cancer, he stars as ‘Lars’, Health and Safety Officer for the Topless Female Trampolining World Championships. The best part is his reference to the girls (or their chests, it’s hard to tell) as ‘bouncies’ – an Urban Dictionary contender if we’ve ever heard one.
6. World Face Pulling Championships 1985 Some people are born good at maths; some people are born… oh Christ alive look at that man’s face! It seems like an ‘only in America’ event but this took place in the small commune of Moncrabeau, France. Why? The dearth of information about it on the internet suggests we will never know.
7. Call Me Maybe Chatroulette version This has got to be the best ‘Call Me Maybe’ spoof to date, boasting more impressive faces than the World Face Pulling Championship 1985. A fun further spoof (hint hint, Internet) could involve matching these faces to the animal stars of YouTube, eg guy at 1:45 to the shocked hamster and 2:22-guy to this weimaraner.
8. A door does Miles Davis A door in a Chicago parking lot does an impression of Miles Davis. That is all.